Thursday, October 9, 2008

Introducing The FAM

Well...it's not complicated.
There's 5 of us.
All very different people.
Best friends. Road dogs. Home skillets. Groomsmen. Golf buddies (future). Teammates.
Etc. Etc.Etc.
Why a blog?
Because us being friends is one of those things in the universe that should be chronicled.
There was the time we videotaped an entire summer of debauchery (which must never fall into the wrong hands).
There was the time two of us worked at a marina and almost died every single day.
And, well, honestly...there's John.
Here's the introduction:

JRock (Justin) - Married, I think that's important. About 6'5", smooth. Lives in Charlotte with his wife and dog, doing the whole white fence thing, minus the 2.5 kids. They have the dog though. He's a car salesman...."I slang them thangs like dope." Yeah, he's one of a kind.

ODog (Omar) - Recently engaged. He teaches high school English and is a basketball and football coach in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Goal is to be the baddest coach in the country. I met Omar in 1985, in kindergarten. Interesting factoid about Omar - he's never cheated on a girlfriend....ever.

C-Lay (Clay) - White. I mention this only because he's the only guy among us that's not black. And I mention it also because Clay doesn't act black...he's very white. VERY. But things like that don't matter to us anyway. Clay works for himself, just started a blog, coaches girls high school basketball and the most challenging thing is he lives with ...

Hugh (John) - Divorced. Me and Justin were seriously thinking about beating her ass down...but that's another blog. John works at a book store, but I don't think he reads a whole lot. He's also a recent gamer...personally I think that has to do with the divorce, but I am sure he will clear that up in future blogs.

Me (David) - I think I'm the older brother of the crew, but the rest of my pals may disagree. I live in D.C. and I'm trying to finish a novel. Hard sh*t. I'm single and am totally not emotionally stable enough to date any of the great women I've met in life that would give me the time of day. Just being honest...

...so there you have it. The FAM. What's next for us? Everyday there's something different and we will all chronicle our lives individually and as one. I may be traveling to Madrid soon, Clay has another business sprouting, J-Rock is trying to get his own dealership, John is trying to get back into the dating game and Omar has a wedding to plan....oh, not to mention we throw a damn good Xmas party and plan to take a road trip from Tennessee to Aspen to Vegas to Los Angeles.

Yep...come along for the ride.

FAM (David)

No comments: